12.7.05

Blue Room part 1

Since I'm going to leave my Auntie's house very soon, I decided to take more pictures of the house, especially my room, the Blue Room. I've been staying at my Auntie's for the last 4 years, after graduating university and got my first job here in Jakarta. So this room is quite historical for me.

My room used to be one of the guest-rooms (there were several empty bedrooms, function as guest-rooms) with a king-sized bed, a medium-sized cupboard filled with don't-know-whose stuffs, empty dirty white walls, and a small beauty station with a mirror.

My Auntie told me to decorate it so I would feel more comfortable staying in that room. I decided to paint 2 side of the walls into navy blue, and the others into bright white. I moved out the king-sized bed, and changed the bed into a single mattress instead. I feel more comfortable sleeping on a single mattress with no bed. I emptied the cupboard and changed it into my fashion cabinet. Then I decorated the beauty station's mirror with lots of pictures of my friends and family.

My Auntie bought me a TV while my Dad bought me a DVD player (hihiey!). And later on I bought a new stereo speaker to complete the small home (or room?) theatre. I also brought my PC station. So I could work at home. But the PC is getting old and works very slowly now. So now I'm thinking of buying a new computer. And I've been eyeing for a 12" powerbook! :D

Anyways, my stuffs keep on growing and growing from time to time. My room became messy for quite a time. But that was not quite long after I bought two extra cabinets to store my goodies: beads, accessories (I'm an accessories freak!), books, magazines, CDs and DVDs.

I love this room so much because it is such a comfy place to chill out after work or on weekends. There are so many things I could do in this room: watching DVDs and mini-series at StarWorldTV and Discovery Travel & Living, listening to CDs, working, drawing, making accessories, writing, and reading while drinking a cup of hot tea or chocolate. And I surely will miss the view to the green field in front of my Auntie's house, where some boys usually play soccer in the afternoons.

Ow I will miss this room :'(



These are some stuffs from the Blue Room, could you guess what they are?

5 comments:

  1. awww, your room sounds so so cozy. sejak gue tinggal sama robert, gue kangen sama old bedroom gue.

    kamu dan mas sami nanti rencana mau tinggal dimana sih?

    ReplyDelete
  2. monsterijo12/7/05 5:49 PM

    kamarnya malah ga kelihatan...
    close up semua.. biar kalo berantakan ga keliatan ya? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. yasmina: nah, itu. kayanya klo nanti pindah, bakal kangen sama kamar sendiri gitu, hehe.. soal nanti bakal tinggal di mana.. mmm.. di eindhoven! hehehe.. kidding.. :P

    monsterijo: bhuahahaha.. ho-oh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. iyaaaa, pindah kesini aja ki, biar kita bisa masak bareng.... eh akhir taun ini gue dan robert mau pindah ke itali, ke milano, lebih asik lagi tuh makanannya... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yasmina: wah, serunya pindah ke milano! italian food! yum! :P~

    ReplyDelete